Can Central Tulsa Home Fire Damage Be Repaired?
SERVPRO Professional Fire Restoration Services Address Structure and Contents Damage
Home structural fire damage restoration can be a daunting task for any Central Tulsa homeowner to undertake after disaster strikes. Even small-scale kitchen fires, which are the leading cause of unreported home fires according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), can leave behind hard-to-remove damages that can have a lasting impact on walls and appliances.
Certified SERVPRO fire restoration technicians salvage Central Tulsa properties regardless of the scale of the disaster. Sophisticated technologies, tried-and-true cleanup methods, and extensive fire cleanup training combine to produce effective results that return fire-affected homes to a pre-disaster condition.
How Fire Damage Residues Impact Residential Structures
Fire and smoke damage can have a wide array of effects on surfaces in a home, such as:
- Drywall can easily become stained by smoke exposure
- Soot particles can settle in nooks and crannies of appliances, electronics, and other sensitive items
- Fire and smoke damage residues can also settle in HVAC components and ventilation shafts, which can potentially spread odors and soot throughout the property
- Fire odors can vary based on what was burned. Dry goods, such as paper and wood, have a distinct smell compared to burnt plastics or pungent protein residues. Each material also requires a different type of care for removal
- Soot can seep into porous surfaces like rugs, drapes, and upholstery. While these stains are often removable, consumer-grade solutions are much less likely to remove smoke residues fully
SERVPRO professionals provide Central Tulsa homeowners with commercial-grade solutions that eliminate fire damage stains and odors while minimizing demolition and replacement needs.
Remediating Fire and Smoke Damage with SERVPRO Cleaning Solutions
SERVPRO of Central Tulsa professional soot removal entails a multitude of methodically implemented steps. These include:
- Manual cleaning of fire damage from ceiling to floor, and lightest to heaviest. This pattern provides effective, efficient cleaning that has minimal impact on surfaces
- SERVPRO crews can also perform structural drying for fire suppression before performing fire restoration services. A dry structure is necessary for safe remediation
- Heavy-duty cleaning options for fire damage include EPA-registered biocides, alkaline solutions, and abrasion blasting with soda ash, dry ice, and other blast media
- Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) can deploy solvent-based deodorizers via thermal foggers for fire odor removal. This device allows deodorizers to chemically bind with soot particles to thoroughly eliminate odors. Protein residues from kitchen fires can be addressed with specialized enzyme digesters that turn oily proteins into water-soluble byproducts for easy removal
- Soot removal with HEPA-filter vacuums can catch particles as small as 0.3 microns in size
After performing the cleanup, SERVPRO fire restoration technicians can focus on rebuilding services such as hanging new drywall where necessary, cleaning HVAC systems, repainting walls, and flooring repairs. SERVPRO professionals also clean salvageable contents thoroughly to return them to a pre-disaster condition once more.
SERVPRO of Central Tulsa renders 24/7 disaster mitigation services when property owners call (918) 271-5922.